Video doorbells are truly a gift to mankind. Gone are the days when you would miss out on the news of your near and dear ones visiting if you were not home, or your family not being able to access your home in your absence if they don’t have a key, or even the days where leaving your house was sure to put you through anxiety; with video doorbells, you can put surveillance on your house at any time from any place in the world. Just install these video doorbells and access your doors remotely via apps. Video doorbells can really help to ensure that your loved ones are safe and protected at all times.
Things to remember while buying video doorbells
The first thing you will need to remember is the range of your wi-fi router. Most wireless video doorbells operate via the internet and for uninterrupted service, you will have to have a wi-fi router which sends a signal to the doorbell i.e. it needs to be placed at a spot that is accessible from the doorbell. You will need to have the application that comes with the doorbell to access your door remotely. Check to see if your cell phone or device is compatible with the version of the app by checking your existing OS. You will also need to ensure that the doorbell is installed correctly by following the instructions that are provided.
There are thousands of different products marketed as a video doorbell in the market today, with some of them being cases of false advertising. If you are trying to find a video doorbell that suits your home purposes, here is a list of the best products on the market to guide you.
Product Reviews: Best Video Doorbells
Linked to your devices, then Ring doorbell allows you to speak to, hear or see anyone at the door. It can send you instantaneous alerts when a visitor arrives and sends HD videos that are crystal clear. The doorbell has infrared night vision that can be very helpful for protecting the home at night. The voice feed has noise cancellation for effective communication. The camera offers live viewing mode and can be used to see what is happening on your property at any time.
- It is waterproof and weatherproof and has built-in night vision for 24-hour protection.
- The device has a lifetime purchase protection, allowing the doorbell to be replaced if stolen.
- The motion detection takes some time to react, start recording and send a notification.
- The motion notifications cannot be turned down and the motion detection cannot be turned off.
This is the second Ring video doorbell on the list and is definitely just as good as the last one. The Ring Video Doorbell 2 can allow you to keep an eye on your home and answer the door using your PC, tablet or phone. The doorbell has adjustable motion sensors which can be focused at the most necessary points of your yard, which generates an alert that can be answered on the device, allowing you to watch, listen to and speak to people who come to your door from anywhere. The device can also provide you live stream video of your home on demand.
- Easy to install and set up.
- The video lag issues can be sorted by using a Ring Chime Pro.
- The battery life is pretty amazing.
- The doorbell often records false positives and can tend to skip motions on the porch. It works best if you have a flat plane, else it needs to be pointed downwards, which makes it impossible to see a visitor’s face.
- The live video takes 30 seconds-2 minutes to start up, the delay can be potentially harmful for homeowners.
3. Vuebell Wifi Video Doorbell, Wireless Video Intercom Doorbell with Motion Detection, Night Vision Infrared LEDs, Two-way Audio for IOS and Android App
The VueBell video doorbell can allow you to watch and speak to visitors from your devices and can offer both battery and electronic compatibility. Motion sensors can help to alert you and send a snapshot even if the visitor does not push a button. The live stream feature can help you see your home in real time. The HD camera can help you see the visitors clearly and enable communication. The doorbell comes with LEDs to enable night vision.
- The doorbell is good for security purposes and gives clear pictures.
- Easy to install.
- The fish-eye camera has a wider range.
- The connection gets disrupted often with re-connecting being hard.
- The app is hard to use.
4. DING WiFi Video Doorbell & 6-Month Cloud Storage – Smart Home Hub and WiFi Extender and 2 Pack Door/Window Sensors – All Inclusive Bundle
The doorbell can be answered remotely and you can control the video on demand and allows communication. The wide angled lens can help you see the entire space and the doorbell allow 2-way communication. The device is paired with the Zmodo Beam which automatically extends the range of your wifi allowing instantaneous communication. It can also help integrate any other Zmodo accessories like door-window sensors.
- The price is great for the features provided.
- You can control when you want to get alerts.
- It is harder to install.
- It only works on a 2.4GHz network.
5. digitharbor® 3.5 inches TFT LCD screen digital door peephole viewer camera Night vision wide angle+Video Record+Photo shooting, 3.5″ door viewer Doorbell Security Camera Cam
This is a camera that is perfect for operating without so much fuss. The digitharbor camera has a wide array of features that works as a simple device to know who is at the door when they ring a doorbell. The camera features 4 IR LED lights and which can get turned on automatically under low light. The camera can automatically save photos in the memory card and the OV HD color sensor provides sharp images. The lens is a wide lens with 120-degree vision and produces amazing images. The doorbell can help to provide you with the mental peace of knowing who you are letting into your house.
- The bell rings loud and there are multiple ringtone options with the LCD screen offering live videos.
- The price is incredible for the features provided.
- It does not have motion sensors.
- It does not automatically record videos.
6. RemoBell WiFi Wireless Video Doorbell (Battery Powered, Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, HD Video, Motion Sensor, Door Camera)
If you are looking for a good option to invest in that is cheap, you can pick this. This RemoBell wifi doorbell packs such a good punch with the number of features it provides. The RemoBell wifi is wireless and battery powered. You will be able to receive a remote push notification when someone is at the door. The camera records videos at 720p HD quality and offers 2-way communication. The motions have a great sensor with the night vision with the activities that are recent can be viewed.
- The doorbell works perfectly at night.
- The motion detection works flawlessly.
- The product does not work without a phone.
- The mount is not good at all.
The camera offers HD videos who offers communication and can be used to talk to, see and hear someone entering the property. It offers alerts instantaneously when there is any activity at the property. It offers 24×7 home monitoring and offers the infrared vision for the night. It offers live view mode and can be mounted to any surface. If you want to transform your home into a smart home, this is a product that you absolutely can’t do without.
- The camera is really responsive to the motions available in the front yard and can be used to talk to people without having to open the door.
- The camera can function on solar energy with a solar panel charger.
- The video can get deleted from cloud storage without warning.
- The live view service is not perfect.
With a little bit of understanding and knowledge of the way your home is situated and the positioning of the video doorbell, you can find the perfect model that can help to protect your home from unwanted intruders or allow you to welcome guests. Investing in a good quality video doorbell can help you to ensure that your home and the ones you love remains protected at all times and you can sleep in peace from far away. With an understanding of who you are letting into your home or even who comes by your home, you can ensure that you have a safer life and can protect your home and your belongings from potentially being stolen or burgled. Picking the best wireless video doorbells for your home can now be made easy with this list of the best products you can purchase on the market.